The High Court in Novi Sad announced on Friday (January 10) that it rejected the proposal of the High Public Prosecutor's Office in that city to the defendant, Goran Vesić, was ordered into custody, writes FoNet.
Vesić is charged with the previously filed indictment of committing the criminal offense of serious crime against general safety in connection with the criminal offense of causing general danger.
The court's decision, among other things, indicates that on November 27 of last year, the custody of the suspect Vesić was terminated because there is no reasonable suspicion that he committed the criminal offense that is still being charged against him in the indictment.
The court stated that the indictment is now in the phase of examination of its merits in the sense of Article 337 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, and that the public prosecutor's proposal to order custody at this stage of the proceedings, according to the defendant Goran Vesić, remains unclear and unfounded, especially considering that the prosecutor does not state new facts and circumstances that would support his proposal.
Testimony of Jelena Tanasković
Jelena Tanasković, the acting director of the Railway Infrastructure of Serbia, is suspected at the hearing on November 22 at the High Public Prosecutor's Office in Novi Sad, transferred all responsibility for the Novi Sad Railway Station project to former minister Goran Vesić, documents that New Economy had access to showed.
In her testimony before the prosecutor, Tanasković claimed that Vesić insisted that he lead all the projects because he allegedly agreed with the President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić.
"Minister Vesić told me that this is the only condition for me to be the director (of the Railway Infrastructure of Serbia, author's note), to accept that he absolutely manages and leads all projects, because he allegedly agreed with the president that all projects are exclusively managed that way ", Tanasković said.
Source: FoNet